Choisissez votre langue

USA J-1 Hospitality Application Procedures and Fees

When should I start the application process?

Keeping mind that your departure date depends on the delivery date of the J-1 visa, it is recommended that you apply as early as possible to ensure that you have sufficient time to complete all administrative paperwork.  For those who have already found a placement, we recommend that you enroll about three months prior to your desired departure date.  For those who need to be placed in either program, a period of 5 months is usually sufficient to secure a placement and to provide the necessary paperwork.

What are the application procedures?

  1. Interested candidates should fill out an Internship Questionnaire and email it to us to with a CV and cover letter in English. 
  2. Candidates who fulfill the program requirements will be have a telephone interview to determine their English speaking skills.
  3. If the candidate passes the interview, we will issue a conditional acceptance letter to the candidate that they must sign and return to us, with the signed Internship Application Procedures and a registration form with the required $500 deposit to secure their spot in the program.
  4. Once the candidate has returned the above documents, he or she will then be asked to provide all necessary documents to complete the application in order to begin searching for a host company.
  5. Once we have all necessary documents, we will arrange telephone interviews for the candidate.
  6. The future host company will then offer a position to the candidate, they will fill out a DS 7002, which the candidate will sign and return to us.
  7. We will then issue the DS 2019, which the candidate will use for his/her visa application.       All Remaining fees will be due before we can issue the DS 2019.
  8. Once the candidate has assembled all these documents, he or she will schedule an interview with the United States Embassy in his/her home country to obtain the J-1 visa.
  9. Once the candidate has obtained the J-1 visa, he/she must notify ESFA and their future employer. They can then arrange for travel to the US to begin their internship.

What documents do I need to start the process?

* Resume

* 1 Picture

* Copy of Passport (must be valid up to 6 months after the end of training) and Previous U.S. visa(s)

For students:

* 1 Letter of Recommendation

* Official Letter from School certifying full time student status

* 2 years of School Transcripts

For recent graduates:

* 1 Letter of Recommendation

* Copy of Diploma

* 2 years of School Transcripts

For young professionals:

* Letters of reference proving at least 2 years of relevant professional experience


For our full Internship Application Terms and Conditions, please click here.

For questions about the program or application process, please contact us at or 1(212) 497-3503.

Agence de communication Pyrameed. Powered by Synergee